The Power of Shoes

Hey bitches,



visualphotos.com
We have all come to love Sarah Jessica Parker for her iconic role in Sex and The City as Carrie Bradshaw. Why was she loved by women and gay men of all ages you ask... she was a brilliant columnist and the ultimate shoe hoarding fiend. Speaking of shoes, I've noticed some trends recently. Liam Kyle Sullivan's satirical video titled Kelly Shoes was a hit. It exposed the materialistic world we've come to love, while poking fun at social icons. I would have given my favorite shoe from my left foot for a chance to be in that video. Recently on Ice Loves CoCo, CoCo recorded a song with her hubby Ice-T where she proudly professed "I love my shoes". That song was so heartfelt, I swear she read my mind!


 As seen on E's Ice Loves CoCo



strangecosmos.com


Shoes have had a lot of influence in our personal lives and the entire world. As you may or may not know, I went to Catholic school for years 5-8... I have seen and heard it all, bitches. One day, our class was divided into groups. The groups had a teacher or faculty member as the administrator of each group, they provided topics of discussion and activities for everyone. I just had to be put in the group of fucking losers and posers, not to mention the sad excuse for a human being appointed as our group admin. The admin asked one of the girls in our group a question I will never forget: "So Emma, since everyone has to wear uniforms, how do you judge people?" Emma: "We judge them by their shoes." I know I'm a stone cold bitch, but this is too extreme and simply uncalled for. Could you imagine posers judging you for the shoes you wear? Then again, Emma wore 8 inch stiletto FMP's everyday to school in 7th and 8th grade. I wonder if she got pregnant at 16?





"Homage to Imelda's shoes" BBC


How have shoes influenced the world? In the Philippines, former Philippine First Lady Imelda Marcos, used tax payer money to live like the "rich and famous". While her people were starving and dying, President Ferdinand Marcos and First Lady Imelda Marcos were taking lessons from Marie Antoinette. She reprotedly had 30,000-40,000 pairs of shoes. As you can imagine the people didn't approve of their spending habits, today President Ferdinand Marcos and First Lady Imelda Marcos are in exile. Instead of "Let Them Eat Cake", Imelda implied "Let Them Strut The Catwalk".


Never underestimate the power of shoes.

Love,
Jackie ^_^

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...