The Destruction of Civility

Hey bitches,

"That's For Your Bad Manners" by Niagara
Today was shite. Literally putrid, splattered shite. I walked my size 4 ass up the hill to this little store, asking questions about vending. As a future business owner, I needed to explore options. They were nice; however, it is what happened after I left which turned to shite. I was exiting the store and just closed the door... and there they were, just standing there. Two individuals standing mid-doorway blocking my exit... they remained, doe-eyed no less. I said "Excuse me!" and their response was a mere "... oh." THEY DIDN'T MOVE! Remaining doe-eyed and still blocking my exit, I pushed one of them aside in order to exit the dwelling and THEY WERE OFFENDED? They were offended at my actions, while I was simply trying to leave the fucking store. What has become of our culture, our society? Where have "social graces" gone?  What could have possibly lead us to this shithole?

A hundred years ago, the financially solvent families sent their sons to universities and their daughters to finishing schools. While this definitely seems sexist, it did have some societal benefits to include etiquette, protocol and manners. These standards became the social norms of the time period and were transcended to the rest of society. This is why gentlemen held doors open for ladies, gentlemen always walked on the outside of the sidewalk, and they tipped their hats to ladies passing by with a cordial greeting. Somewhere along the way, these traditional customs of proper etiquette and manners have been lost. Even the very basic etiquette skills including table manners have vanished in current times, one only has to visit a local restaurant to observe these violations. It is argued that basic etiquette should be a necessity in society to prevent the public display of crude sounds, repulsive visuals and other heinous bad manners.

So you see, I am not a bitch out of spite... I'm a bitch out of repulsion.

Love,
Jackie ^_^

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...